Proposal Professional | Healthcare Industry
Are you a Proposal Professional looking for your next role?
Do you have 3+ years of professional experience working on proposals?
Do you have Health Insurance & Benefit Plan experience?
Do you want to make a difference?
Are you interested in joining a company that lives its values?
Once Upon an RFP is a US-based Proposal Services Agency. We’re looking for 10 Proposal Professionals to join our team supporting a Healthcare Industry Client.
What does this mean? You get to be a part of 2 teams!
- The Once Upon an RFP Team as an employee
- Our Client’s Proposal Team supporting their proposal-based business development
While we’re growing quickly, we’re also looking for Proposal Professionals that want to find a long-term professional home to do the work they love.
Does this sound like you or someone you know? Check out the job description below and reach out today!
We’re Hiring 10 Proposal Professionals | Health Insurance & Benefits Plan Industry Experience Preferred
We are looking for Proposal Professionals with 3+ years of RFP-based and proactive proposal writing experience in the Healthcare Industry.
Proposal Writers are responsible for driving activities associated with the Request for Proposal-based (RFP-based) proposal development process.
Proposal Writers research, organize and synthesize information to craft and deliver high-quality RFP-based proposals that are compliant and delivered on time while remaining consistent with the Company’s policies.
We will orient you with each client, their expectations, collateral, proposal standard operating procedures, and our expectations regarding client communication and standard operating procedures.
Location & Schedule
- United States
- 100% remote
- Work where you have internet access and can maintain confidentiality
- Full-time, Business Hours
- Requires flexibility to meet with teams as needed on evenings and weekends
- Healthcare industry
- 2+ years experience in a Professional Proposal role
Does this sound like you?
We are looking for Proposal Professionals who are…
- A Self-Starter
- Eager to learn
- Comfortable communicating what you know and don’t know
- Comfortable asking questions or for support when you’re stuck
- Experienced in highly-regulated industries
- Quick learner in complex, highly-systematized environment
- Able to work 100% remote, independently and collaboratively with a team
- With advanced Microsoft 365 skills, including working with Themes and Styles in MS Word
- Expert in working with .pdfs, including creating fillable forms, exporting docs from .pdf to other formats, redacting files
- Extremely comfortable working under the pressure of deadlines
- Interested in continuous learning and improvement
Proposal Professionals will:
- Lead a proposal from assignment to submission.
- Meet with the owner of each proposal within our client’s business to discuss the solution, associated risks, pursuit team, content, previous proposals and other sources to support draft development.
- Work with the team to develop the win themes.
- Create and manage a team collaboration site.
- Thoroughly review proposal requirements, develop the timeline, and create the project plan and proposal template to comply with RFP response requirements.
- Create and manage the compliance matrix. Lead efforts to ensure compliance with RFx requirements.
- Populate draft with content provided by the client, create new content by reviewing product/service specifications or interviewing subject matter experts.
- Review and edit team content for spelling, grammar, accuracy, single voice and consistency with win themes.
- Schedule and lead all calls, including kickoff, touch base, and draft reviews using web conferencing to enable screen shares.
- Collect and compile RFP questions for submittal.
- Lead reviews.
- Obtain approvals, including pricing and submittal approvals.
- Finalize proposal documents submission, ensuring compliance with RFx submittal requirements.
- Submit proposals according to RFP directions.
- Write proposal content, including technical, management, staffing, resumes, and executive summaries.
- Review and edit sections drafted by other contributors.
- Synthesize raw content from various sources into a cohesive and comprehensive passage.
- Ensure final submission is compliant with regulations and instructions in the solicitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area such as English, Communications, or a technical discipline is required.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Experience and skills with proposal automation software, such as Qvidian. RFPIO, Loopio, Qorus
- APMP Certification
- Adobe InDesign
Capable of working at a computer for extended periods of time each day, whether sitting or standing.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your letter of interest and resume
- Screening call
- Interviews with Owner, 2-3 Team Members, Client Team
- Reference, Background and Drug screenings
About Once Upon an RFP
As Proposal Services Agency, we support B2B and B2G (Government) organizations’ proposals- and RFP-based business development. We are a fun, growing team. We really love working on proposals and making a difference for our clients.
At our Once Upon an RFP, we value all employees and job candidates as unique individuals, and we welcome the variety of experiences they bring to our company. As such, we have a strict non-discrimination policy. We believe in treating everyone equally regardless of race, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, native language, religion, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, pregnancy, or other characteristics protected by law. If you feel that you have been discriminated against, please let your manager or Human Resources Department know as soon as possible. We will investigate every complaintr